Thursday, November 17, 2005

Keep those cards and letters coming!!!

I do not have the time or energy (yet) to thank you all individually for the amazing amount of cards, letters, e-mails, messages, flowers and even gifts I have received and continue to receive. Every single one of them is a boost of strength for me. There is an incredibly large number of people out there rooting for me.

The simple thought that there are people out there sending me their best wishes, prayers and most positive thoughts is quite bolstering. I am not alone.

Every day I get a little something… a message just to let me know “we’re thinking of you… you’ll pull through” or “our thoughts and prayers are with you” or “keep you chin up!”. It’s the fact that the messages still keep coming that feels so great. It’s been a long time and I haven’t been forgotten. This without any communication whatsoever on my part!

I’ll be feeling a bit down and a dear friend will send me a smiling photo of Desney and I in our pre-cancer days (mid-July 2005!) having a great time with great people. It brought a smile to my face and warmth to my heart. The mail arrives and there’s a Garfield book in there to cheer me up for an evening. Someone even sent me a DVD of the 25th anniversary of Saturday Night Live which I have probably watched a half dozen times now and still makes me laugh. I get some absolutely beautiful cards. I have one which is a beautiful watercolour done by hand by the person who sent it which stares at me every day. I have a collection of cards in the living room all displayed and all looking at me to remind me.

I honestly don’t know what to say. I can’t begin to express how important the smallest of little messages are and the fact that they keep coming.

All I can do is request: don’t stop!

No comments: