Friday, November 25, 2005

Day 40 - Au revoir Arlene

Another loooong night.

I woke up on the couch having coughed throughout the night. It took me all morning to get breakfast down along with my medicines and getting showered and everything.

By the time I was ready it was just about lunch time. Arlene and I went out for a last meal at our local restaurant (Le Madrigal). It was not a happy time for either of us.

When we got back from lunch I called her a cab and got her absolutely enormous bag down the stairs to the taxi. Off she went to the airport to fly back to New York.

After Arlene left I slept all afternoon. Emma was cleaning the house so I hid in our bedroom. I got up when the kids got home after 18:00.

In the evening we watched Star Wars III - Revenge of the Sith. We all agreed that this is by far the worst of the 6 Star Wars movies. Whoever told Hayden Christensen he could act should be shot. However Jess, and her girlfriends, find him terribly sexy. Eating pizza in front of the television we felt like a true American family.

After the kids went to sleep I watched the second DVD which has all of the "Making Of..." documentaries and background information. It was much better than the movie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write absolutely beautifully Derek, you really know how to take us there(even places we dont exactly want to be).We can actually feel what you are going through...sigh...
Your strength is an inspiration to us all..keep it up.....
We love you...xox..