Monday, November 28, 2005

Day 43 - 4th Day Off

One thing I'm starting to truly realise is that all of this certainly isn't going to stop the day after treatment stops. It's been 4 days now that I haven't had any treatment and I certainly feel a lot worse than I did 4 days ago. The pain has increased both in intensity and in regularity. It's obvious that when the treatment ends, in less than 2 weeks, the pain is going to increase before it decreases. Just something else to look forward to.

I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I have coughing fits throughout the night about once every hour or hour and a half. I was therefore pretty tired this morning even though I didn't get out of bed until about 09:00.

It took me all morning to get through breakfast and medecine and such. That just brought me to lunch.

After lunch I had been hopeful to go down to my office and get a bit of accounting done. No such luck. I just didn't have the energy for it. I hung out on the couch all afternoon doing practically nothing (TV, book (Cauchemar dans les CĂ´tes de Nuits), Sudokus, ...). I didn't actually sleep as I wanted to be good and tired for the evening.

Desney prepared dinner, as always, and it was delicious. It's getting more and more painful to eat but I am still getting food down. It just takes me a lot longer.

There was nothing on television as usual. As Springsteen predicted "57 channels and nothing on"... well we have a lot more channels than that and still nothing on. I zapped back and forth most of the evening.

No comments: